Brittney Griner Writes Joe Biden A Letter - News Trend Hour

Breaking

Tuesday 21 February 2023

Brittney Griner Writes Joe Biden A Letter


Brittney Griner has written to President Joe Biden with an pressing plea: “Please remember about me.”

The message from the WNBA star was delivered through a letter she handwrote from the Russian jail the place she has been held since being arrested in February at a Moscow airport on drug fees. She faces as much as 10 years in jail if convicted.

“As I sit right here in a Russian jail, alone with my ideas and with out the safety of my spouse, household, associates, Olympic jersey, or any accomplishments, I’m terrified I is perhaps right here eternally,” Griner wrote.

Representatives for Griner shared sections of the letter with BuzzFeed Information and different media retailers, however stated the complete message can be stored non-public between her and the president.

“On the 4th of July, our household usually honors the service of those that fought for our freedom, together with my father who’s a Vietnam Warfare Veteran,” Griner wrote. “It hurts enthusiastic about how I normally have fun at the present time as a result of freedom means one thing utterly totally different to me this 12 months.”

Griner, 31, additionally instructed Biden that her first-ever vote was for him within the 2020 presidential election.

“I understand you’re coping with a lot, however please don’t neglect about me and the opposite American Detainees. Please do all you’ll be able to to deliver us house,” she stated. “I voted for the primary time in 2020 and I voted for you. I imagine in you. I nonetheless have a lot good to do with my freedom which you could assist restore.”

“I miss my spouse! I miss my household! I miss my teammates!” Griner stated. “It kills me to know they’re struggling a lot proper now. I’m grateful for no matter you are able to do at this second to get me house.”

Adrienne Watson, a spokesperson for the Nationwide Safety Council, stated in an announcement supplied to BuzzFeed Information that the White Home was working “aggressively” to deliver Griner house.

“We imagine the Russian Federation is wrongfully detaining Brittney Griner,” Watson stated. “President Biden has been clear about the necessity to see all US nationals who’re held hostage or wrongfully detained overseas launched, together with Brittney Griner. The US authorities continues to work aggressively – utilizing each accessible means – to deliver her house.”

Watson additionally stated high officers had been in common contact with Griner’s household and teammates.

However Griner’s spouse, Cherelle, instructed CBS on Tuesday morning it was “very disheartening” that she was but to listen to from Biden concerning the letter.

Cherelle stated they had been dissatisfied that they had not been in a position to meet personally with Biden.

“It kills me each time … when I’ve to write down her, and he or she’s asking, ‘Have you ever met with him but?’ And I’ve to say, ‘No.’ … I’m certain she’s like, ‘I’m going to write down him and ask now, as a result of my household has tried and to no avail. So I’m going to do it myself,'” Cherelle stated.



Supply hyperlink



from World News – My Blog https://ift.tt/0aqNsgO
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment